Portfolios can be used beyond the scope of one course to include all kinds of different
programs. You might consider using portfolios for groups of students such as majors,
minors, specific emphases, scholar designations, and cohorts.
Pathbrite now allows us to create portfolio templates for wider groups of students,
and we're happy to help you get one set up for your program -- simply contact us. Before getting started, here are some questions to think about:
- What are your goals for student portfolios?
- Why do you think portfolios will help you to achieve those goals?
- How will faculty/administrators use the portfolio?
- How do you anticipate students using the portfolio?
- What learning outcomes/evidence of outcomes do you want student portfolios to demonstrate?
- What kinds of incentives will you have for students to complete the portfolio?
- How will you promote higher-level learning such as reflection and integration into
- How will you assess student portfolios?